Central Bay High School Annual Dress Code Addendum 2019-2020
Annual Dress Code Addendum 2019-2020
To Parents and Families of North Monterey County Unified School District:
Gang, Drug, Alcohol Related Apparel
The principal, staff, students, and parents/guardians participating in the development of the school safety plan shall define "gang-related apparel" and shall limit this definition to apparel that reasonably could be determined to threaten the health and safety of the school environment if it were worn or displayed on a school campus. (Education Code 32282)
Because gang-related symbols are constantly changing, definitions of gang-related apparel shall be reviewed at least once each semester and updated whenever related information is received. As necessary, the school shall collaborate with law enforcement agencies to update definitions of gang-related apparel.
- Clothing, headgear, and symbols that can be perceived as related to gang affiliation, drug or alcohol lifestyle related is prohibited (i.e., tags, brands, logos, insignias, bandanas, buckles, and sports team attire or city names).
- Clothing, headgear, and symbols that can be perceived to create a disruptive, harassing, or threatening environment such as gang or mob behavior is prohibited.
- Excessive clothing color/number or accessory color/number that could be determined to be “flashing a color or number” and is known to be affiliated with local gangs and crews is prohibited.
After review with local law enforcement the following drug and gang related clothing items and brands will be prohibited on campus for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Any clothing or apparel items from the following brands: Cookies, NBI, Seedless, Oddities, SRH, Vaprwear
- Any clothing or apparel items with the numbers “710” or “32”
- Red/ 14
- Blue/ 13
- Green/ 14 or 32
Note: This is list is subject to change as new information becomes available, and at the advisement of law endorsement.