As we welcome back students for the new school year, please keep in mind morning commutes can be delayed the first few days of school, as everyone gets used to their new routines.
Afternoon drop off times are approximate and may vary slightly by a few minutes.
If you do not see a particular bus stop listed on the route(s), the transportation department may be able to assess if a stop can be added, which includes that it meet the legal requirements set by the California Highway Patrol.
For our younger students, or new bus riders it may be helpful to have a visible name tag with the student’s full name and the route. Also, inform both the teacher and your student about end of day procedure.
Castroville Elementary School
Echo Valley Elementary School
Elkhorn Elementary School
Prunedale Elementary School
NMC Middle School
NMC High School
Central Bay High School
If you have any questions or concerns about any of the routes or bus stops, please call (831) 663-3035 and one of our friendly office staff will be happy to assist you.
SLOW DOWN WHEN LIGHTS ARE YELLOW
STOP WHEN LIGHTS FLASH!!
Please do your part to help keep our kids safe.
Tips for Motorists:
- Be alert and slow down when driving in neighborhoods with school zones.
- Watch for children walking, playing or assembling near bus stops. Children arriving late for the bus may dart into the street without looking for traffic.
- Obey the school bus laws in your State, as well as the flashing light signal systems used on school buses.
- Flashing yellow lights indicate the bus is preparing to stop to load or unload children. Motorists should slow down and prepare to stop their vehicles.
- Flashing red lights and extended stop arms indicate the bus has stopped and children are getting on or off. Motorists must stop their cars and wait until the red lights stop flashing, the extended stop arm is withdrawn, and the bus begins moving before they can start driving again.
Tips for Caregivers and Students:
- Arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. Stand at 12 ft away from the curb. The bus stop is not a place to run or play.
- When the school bus arrives, wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, the door opens, and the driver says it’s okay before approaching the bus door. Use the handrails to avoid falling.
- Never walk behind a school bus. Walk on a sidewalk or along the side of the street. Cross the street in front of the bus in between the front of the bus and the driver escorting. Make eye contact with the bus driver before crossing to make sure the driver can see you.
- If you drop something near the school bus, like a ball or book, tell the bus driver right away. Do not try to pick up the item, because the driver might not be able to see you.
NMCUSD Transportation Department
17590 Pesante Road
Salinas, CA 93907