Band, Drumline & Color Guard
Performance for NMCUSD Elemantary and Middle Schools
May 1 - Senior Concert, 7:00 p.m.
Band Boosters meets:
Second Wednesday of each month, 5:30 p.m., Band room
Drumline During Homecoming 2018 half-time
Band Performance Highlights
Band, Drumline & Color Guard Accomplishments
- Drumline placed 1st place at Pismo Beach Band Review 2018
- 1st place drum major, Nayla Anastacio, at Pismo Beach Band Review 2018
- Pismo Beach Band Review 2018 1st palce in division
- Cupertino Band Reveiw 3rd place band, color guard and drumline
- 1st place drum major, Nayla Anastacio, at Cupertino Band Review
- Drumlin 3rd place at Foothill Band Review
- Foothill Band Review 1st palce drum major, Nayla Anastacio
- Erik Marinez placed 2nd place in Military Drum Major category at Santa Cruz Band Review 2017
- Erik Marinez placed 1st place in Military Drum Major category 2017
- Condor Band placed 3rd at Foothill Band Review 2017
- Color Guard placed 3rd place at Foothill 2017
- Condor Band placed 3rd at Pismo Band Review 2017
- Drumline placed 1st place at Pismo Beach 2017
The Condor Marching Band, of North Monterey County High School in Castroville, CA (Home of the Artichoke), directed by Marcie Chapa and the color guard is under the direction of Kelly Matz. The condor band has travelled to China five times in the past 20 years. This amazing band continues to receive invitations to parades across our Great Nation and has had the Honor of performing at Bill Clintons Inaugural Parade. The musicians of North County believe in marching with Pride and as Ms. Chapa states “My students continue to impress me on a daily basis.” The Condor Band is a total of 90 musicians and 15 color guard members.
Band Performance Dates:
Marcie Chapa is a noted percussionist with a love for music and a passion for education in the arts. At the early age of 12, she began pursuing a career in the music industry with relentless tenacity. School competitions and contests, not only challenged her but also financed her way to the illustrious New School for Jazz and Contemporary School of Music in New York City. While attending the school, she was chosen to represent NSJCSM in an exclusive summer program in Italy. By 18, Marcie was performing professionally for crowds of thousands while perfecting her craft once inspired by percussion greats, Tito Puente, Sr., Karl Perazzo, Giovanni Hidalgo and many others. Marcie has been kept very busy for the last few years as the touring percussionist for Pop Diva Beyonce. In addition, she has been the percussionist for the house band for Black Girls Rock for four years. Currently Marcie is gigging (percussion) with Stephanie Mills and performing one-offs with Ceelo Green and The Nth Power. While off the road Marcie is teaching and sharing her talent through schools transforming music programs. Not to mention you can catch Marcie performing throughout the city in a wide range of styles (jazz, rock, funk, and latin), from drums to percussion on any given night.