North Monterey County Middle School is a member of the MTJAL (Mission Trail Junior Athletic League) and participates in the following sports: soccer (boys and girls), Volleyball (girls), basketball (7th/8th boys and girls), wrestling (boys and girls) and track & field (boys and girls).
NEW THIS YEAR:
All athletes and a parent/guardian must attend an Athlete Conduct & Information Meeting before their season begins. There will be one meeting held prior to each season's start. These meetings are to ensure all participants and their families understand expectations for the season. We will go over Sportsmanship Contracts as well as any rule changes or policy changes for each sport. See the list below for meeting dates.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Must have a minimum of a 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) to be eligible for the team.
- F grades at any time during the season will prevent students from participating in games
- All team members are required to submit a weekly progress report to their team coach to maintain participation eligibility.
- Students are expected to demonstrate positive behavior and to be respectful citizens in order to participate in extracurricular events.
- In order to participate in sports, students must have a physical dated after July 1 of the current school year. Students may not try out for a team or practice without a physical on file, so please take care of this before the season starts.
COACHING AT NMCMS
Are you interesting in coaching a sport at NMCMS? Reach out to our current athletic director for more information. Contact information is below.