Current Bidding Opportunities
No current projects.
Prequalification for Projects Greater Than $1 Million
To comply with California Assembly Bill (AB) 1565, which went into effect on January 1, 2014, all General Contractors and M/E/P Subcontractors are required to be pre-qualified if the contract is valued at $1 million or more and funded in whole or in part with State Facility Bond funds. North Monterey County Unified School District requires all General Contractors (if the bid package will include M/E/P categories listed below), M/E/P Subcontractors and all miscellaneous trade contractors to be pre-qualified.
This applies to the following license classifications:
- General Contractors (A and B) only if their bid package will include the M/E/P categories listed below or any General Contractor bidding the miscellaneous trade package
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing subcontractors (C-4, C-7, C-10, C-16, C-20, C-34, C-36, C-42, C43, and C-46)
- Miscellaneous Trade Package
North Monterey County Unified School District shall process all pre-qualification applications at QualityBidders.com. QualityBidders is a web-based online application, fast, simple, safe and easy to use.
1) To get started, please visit http://www.qualitybidders.com, and review the instructions. The District must receive applications at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled bid opening on any advertised project in order for the candidate to qualify for a project in excess of $1,000,000 and partially funded by the State. Pre-qualification approval will remain valid for one (1) calendar year from the date of notice of qualification except as noted in the pre-qualification documents.
2) Once you have been approved, you will receive an email indicating your approval, expiration date, and bidding limit.
Please contact Rick Diaz, at (831) 633-3343 ext. 1232 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You may also contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of the QualityBidders web-based tool.
Contractor Registration Information (CUPCCAA)
What is CUPCCAA?
The California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (CUPCCAA) is under the umbrella of the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Commission (CUPCCAC) and provides for alternative bidding procedures when an agency performs public project work by contract.
(a) Public projects of $45,000 or less may be performed by the employees of a public agency by force account, by negotiated contract or by purchase order.
(b) Public projects of $175,000, if all bids received are in excess of $175,000.
(c) the governing body of the public agency may, by adoption of a resolution by a four-fifths vote, award the contract, at $187,500 or less, to the lowest responsible bidder, if it determines the cost estimate of the public agency was reasonable.
- per Public Contract code 22032 and Public Contract Code 22034
In November of each year, participating districts place an ad in various construction trade journals and a newspaper of general circulation inviting all licensed contractors to submit the name of their firm to the district for inclusion on the district’s list of qualified bidders for the following calendar year.
The North Monterey County Unified School District has completed all the necessary requirements to participate in this alternative bidding process and solicits your firm to register. North Monterey County Unified School District has contracted with Colbi Technologies to provide a wed based process for pre-qualification called Quality Bidders. To get started with the online registration process click here: http://www.qualitybidders.com/pages/contractor.
Please contact Rick Diaz with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 633-3343 ext. 1232. You may also contact email@example.com with any questions about the use of the Quality Bidders web-based tool.
Thank you for your interest in pre-qualifying and working with North Monterey County Unified School District.