NMCUSD is accepting Kindergarten Enrollment Applications.
Kindergarten Round Up Registration and New Transitional * Kindergarten Program Options
A child must turn 5 years old on or before Oct. 1st, 2013 to be eligible for kindergarten
for the 2013-2014 school year. Children turning 5 year old between Oct. 2nd and Dec. 2nd, 2013 will be considered “Transitional Kindergartners” and will still be served.
What is Transitional Kindergarten? This is an option for a child who was born between October 2nd, 2008 and December 2nd, 2008 and they will be placed based upon their initial assessment results.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. Contact your child’s home school to register for Kindergarten or Transitional* Kindergarten. We have four elementary schools that will serve incoming Kindergarten students.
- Castroville Elementary School: 11161 Merritt Street, Castroville- (831) 633-2570
- Echo Valley Elementary School: 147 Echo Valley Road, Salinas--(831) 663-2308
- Elkhorn Elementary School: 2235 Elkhorn Road, Castroville-(831) 633-2405
- Prunedale Elementary School: 17719 Pesante Road, Salinas-(831) 663-3060
If you are not sure which is your neighborhood school, please call 633-3343, ext. 229.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Copy of your child’s immunization records
Note: If your child needs immunizations, there will be information on our school-based clinics provided by “Salud Para La Gente” available
at Elkhorn and Castroville Elementary school sites.
3. Make an Assessment Screening Appointment for late July through early August
4. Complete additional in-take paperwork required for enrollment at your scheduled appointment