Enrollment - Registration Information
Kindergarten/Transitional Kindergarten Programs: Please be sure to register your child for kindergarten. Each elementary school has a full-day kindergarten program and each site also has a pre-school program. Be sure to enroll your child for kinder if a child must turn 5 years old on or before Sept. 1st , 2014 to be eligible for kindergarten for the 2014-2015 school year. Children turning 5 year old between Sept. 2nd and Dec. 2nd, 2014 will be considered “Transitional Kindergartners” and can still be served at the elementary school site.
*What is Transitional Kindergarten? This is an option for a child who was born between September 2, 2009 and December 2nd, 2009 and they will be placed based upon their initial assessment results.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
1. Contact your child’s home school to register for Kindergarten or Transitional* Kindergarten
We have four elementary schools that will serve incoming Kindergarten students.
- Castroville Elementary School: 11161 Merritt Street, Castroville-- (831) 633-2570
- Echo Valley Elementary School: 147 Echo Valley Road, Salinas-- (831) 663-2308
- Elkhorn Elementary School: 2235 Elkhorn Road, Castroville--(831) 633-2405
- Prunedale Elementary School: 17719 Pesante Road, Salinas-- (831) 663-3060
If you are not sure which is your neighborhood school, please call 633-3343, ext. 229.
- Your child’s birth certificate
- Copy of your child’s immunization records
Note: If your child needs immunizations, there will be information on our school-based clinics provided by “Salud Para La Gente” available at Elkhorn and Castroville Elementary school sites.
3. Make an Assessment Screening Appointment for late July through early August
4. Complete additional in-take paperwork required for enrollment at your scheduled appointment
Information Regarding Transitional Kindergarten